Get Appropriate Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
The #1 Best Insoles for Foot Pain
If you have plantar fasciitis, high arches, flat feet, or other foot support issues, but would rather not purchase a new pair of shoes – add the Tread Labs Stride Insole to your existing shoes. The Stride Insole is biomechanically designed to support your arch and cure/prevent plantar fasciitis. Simply remove the factory insole from your favorite shoes and replace it with the Stride. The Stride comes in four different arch heights for each foot size, offers a lifetime guaranteed arch support and has a removable top cover. Take the Tread Labs Fit Quiz now and get THE BEST possible support for your feet.
- THE BEST support to prevent/cure Plantar Fasciitis.
- Lifetime Guaranteed Arch Support.
- Replaceable Top-Cover
- Free shipping both ways.
Shoes for plantar fasciitis should also have good arch support and cushioning for the heels. If the shoes lack adequate support, the planar fascia muscles are put under stress. Some of the shoes in the market can be worn with insoles for extra support. Shoes that have pointy heels and high heels should be avoided. Choose a low or moderate heel when purchasing a shoe. If you have this condition, choose shoes that do not put pressure on your feet.
Good shoes also need to have rockered soles because they allow you to walk in a natural motion. The heel should be rounded to allow your feet to roll naturally while you are walking. A good heal ensures that there is less impact on the plantar fascia muscle.
A good pair of shoes for plantar fasciitis is also versatile in terms of function. Buy a pair of shoes that you can use when engaging in a variety of activities. Choose shoes you can use for walking, running and when at work.
- Walking shoes for plantar fasciitis
- Running shoes for plantar fasciitis
- Dress Shoes
- Sandals Designed for plantar fasciitis
- Motion control shoes
Here are some specific shoe recommedations I suggest you look at if you want some shoes that will help treat plantar fasciitis:
Motion Control Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Pearl iZUMi Men’s Syncroguide III Motion Control Shoe — I personally like these, though they are not as well known as New balance shoes
- New Balance Women’s WR1224 Running Shoe — A popular choice and great running shoes for women foot problems — heel spurs or plantar fasciitis
Motion Control Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- Etonic Men’s Minado 3 MC Motion Control Walking Shoe — COMFORTABLE and relieves a lot of the pain
- New Balance Men’s MW755 Walking Shoe — Haven’t used these, but they come highly recommended online
Orthopedic Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis
- Orthaheel Men/Women Kiwi Slide In Orthopedic Sandals
- Spenco Women’s Total Support Sandal
- Orthaheel Sandal Wave Flip Flops
One final note, whatever you do, don’t use worn out shoes. I know shoes can be costly, but pretty much the last thing you want to do if you suffer from this painful condition is to throw on a pair of worn out sneakers. Not only do these shoes NOT provide the proper comfort you need, but they also don’t provide the motion control you need to properly treat the condition. I’ve had a number of people ask for some specific shoe for plantar fasciitis recommendations, so I’ve come up with a couple specifics — both shoes I’ve USED personally (I had this condition several years ago) and recommendations taken from people on the web.
Also keep in mind that orthotics can be a great (and cheaper) alternative to shoes. We’ve put together the web’s most comprehensive plantar fasciitis orthotics recommendation list here.
If you want a more comprehensive plantar fasciitis shoe recommendation list, view our main plantar fasciitis shoe page here.