Arch support is something that can go a long way towards alleviating the pain associated with plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is pain in the feet that radiates from the heel towards the toes. It is most pronounced in the morning and dissipates as the day wears on. It is common among long distance runners, people who run daily and people who are over weight. All these things lead to swelling of the plantar fascia and results in pain. Arch support products help to take the pressure off the inflamed portion of the foot , correctly align the foot and improve posture. All of this help to ease the pain when the plantar fascia becomes inflamed.
- PediFix Arch Bandages. I love these because they are light, cheap, and do provide some solid arch support. You can also wear them with any shoes without discomfort.
- Another option is the Pro-Tec Arch Supports (Set of 2). These are pretty much nylon versions of the PediFix bandages.
- If you need heel support, by far the best product on the market is HTP Heel Seats™
- For sleeping, you might get a night splint — these are pretty much braces you wear at home and go to sleep in. My favorite is the BIRD & CRONIN PLANTAR FASCITIS SPLINT MEDIUM
The AirCast is an arch support product that cradles your arches and your heel in a cushion of air and provides pulsating pressure while you walk. Made of lightweight, breathable neoprene it can be worn during most activities.
The #1 Best Insoles for Foot Pain
If you have plantar fasciitis, high arches, flat feet, or other foot support issues, but would rather not purchase a new pair of shoes – add the Tread Labs Stride Insole to your existing shoes. The Stride Insole is biomechanically designed to support your arch and cure/prevent plantar fasciitis. Simply remove the factory insole from your favorite shoes and replace it with the Stride. The Stride comes in four different arch heights for each foot size, offers a lifetime guaranteed arch support and has a removable top cover. Take the Tread Labs Fit Quiz now and get THE BEST possible support for your feet.
- THE BEST support to prevent/cure Plantar Fasciitis.
- Lifetime Guaranteed Arch Support.
- Replaceable Top-Cover
- Free shipping both ways.
Plantar fasciitis does not have to force you to take a seat. There are numerous products on the market that will allow you to live a normal active life. Talk to your pharmacist, physician or trusted footwear professional and you can choose from the many arch support options available for people with plantar fasciitis.